Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins:
- Vitamin D helps build healthy bones
- Iron supports a healthy immune system
- Vitamin C keeps cold and flu viruses at bay
- Potassium performs many essential functions
- Magnesium is necessary for a healthy heart and can have anti-stress benefits
- B6 helps reduce homocysteine in our bodies, linked to degenerative diseases and heart attacks
Plus sweet potatoes do not cause blood sugar to spike!
If you haven't yet made your own sweet potato fries at home, try this recipe in your air fryer. It's a fast and healthier version of classic french fries.
Sweet Potato Fries
2 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
½ tsp salt
Peel and slice the potatoes into French Fry sized slices. Place in a large bowl coat with oil and salt. Then place potatoes into the air fryer basket, forming an even layer. Cook at 400-degree for 5 minutes. Then remove the air fryer basket. Shake the basket to turn the potatoes for even cooking continue to air fry for an additional 15 minutes. Continue to shake up the fries every 5 minutes and check for doneness. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the potato slices.
Some GoWISE USA air fryers include a Fries/Chips program, pre-set with the time and temperature.