Here is an easy recipe for scalloped potatoes made in your GoWISE USA air fryer. An easy recipe for beginners and you only need a couple of ingredients for this!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white or yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 cups milk (2% or whole milk, recommended)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 10 Yukon Gold Potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
- 2 cups freshly-grated sharp cheddar cheese*, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Prep oven and baking dish: Pre-heat air fryer to 400°F. Grease a 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and set it aside.
Sauté the onion and garlic. Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in the flour until it is evenly combined, and cook for 1 more minute.
Simmer the sauce. Gradually pour in the stock, and whisk until combined. Add in the milk, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon thyme, and whisk until combined. Continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce just barely begins to simmer around the edges of the pan and thickens. Then remove from heat and set aside.
Layer the potatoes. Spread half of the sliced potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Top evenly with half of the cream sauce. Then sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, and all of the Parmesan cheese. Top evenly with the remaining sliced potatoes, the other half of the cream sauce, and the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
Bake: Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. The sauce should be nice and bubbly around the edges. Then remove the foil and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
Cool. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack, and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of thyme and extra Parmesan.
- Serve. Serve warm.
12.7 QT Air Fryer Oven Ultra
Looking for more air fryer inspired recipes? Check out this Asparagus Pancetta & Puff Pastry Bundle recipe to make in your air fryer.
Recipe inspiration: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/scalloped-potatoes-recipe/
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.
Share this post
- Tags: air fryer, Air Fryer Oven, air fryer oven recipe, Air Fryer Oven Recipes, Appetizer, potato recipe, potatoes