This Olive Garden Copycat recipe, Lasagna Fritta, is a breaded, deep-fried, traditional Italian dish. Layers of lasagna noodles, meat, cheese, and hearty tomato sauce come together.
Make it healthier by following this recipe and making it in your air fryer. No need to use greasy oil, and you still get to enjoy this comforting dish!
- 10 oz Lasagna Noodles, About 10 noodles
- 15 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Romano Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Asiago Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
For the batter
- 1 ½ cups Italian Bread Crumbs or Panko
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- Marinara Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Once cooked, place in a colander and rinse with cold water for handling. If your lasagna noodles have ribbon edges, trim the ribbons off the sides.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together egg, all five kinds of cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Lay lasagna noodles flat. Spread cheese mixture over top of the noodles. Roll the noodles into about a 2-3" length.
- Once all are rolled up, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking together and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Scramble egg in a shallow dish. In another dish, blend 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the bread crumbs, this will help the breadcrumbs better bind to the noodle for air frying. Add Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Remove from freezer. One by one, dip each rolled lasagna in egg, followed by breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess.
- Spray the inside basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray and place lasagna frittas in the basket. Lightly spray the top of the lasagna frittas with the spray as well.
- Cook at 400°F for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for another 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. If they look dry as they cook, lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Remove from basket and spoon some alfredo sauce to your dish, place on the lasagna frittas and top with marinara. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
Looking for more air fryer inspired recipes? Check out this Asian Keto Meatballs recipes.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.
Share this post
- Tags: copycat recipe, fried l, fried lasagna fritta, fried lasagna fritta recipe | how to make olive gardens lasagna fritta, gowise steam air fryer, gowise usa, lasagna fritta, lasagna fritta recipies, oliva garden lasagna fritta recipe, olive garden, olive garden recipe