This butter-herb roasted whole chicken is crisp, juicy, delicious, and worthy of an elegant holiday dinner! The air fryer makes getting a perfectly cooked, crispy skin rotisserie like chicken pretty easy!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 lb)
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In small bowl, mix butter, chopped thyme, sage, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- To truss the chicken: Place chicken breast side up. Tuck the wings under the breast as best you can to not burn the wing tips. Using kitchen twine, start the string at the top of the breasts, overtop of the legs, back under the legs and pulling them together to tie a simple knot. This ensures that the chicken will cook evenly.
- Rub mixture under and on skin of chicken.
- In large bowl, toss carrots, potatoes and onions with oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the crisper tray from the Steam Air Fryer basket and dump in the seasoned vegetables. Place the whole chicken on top.
- Cook at 360°F for 55 minutes -1 hour or until thermometer reads at least 165°F.
Watch the full video recipe here:
7 Quart Steam Air Fryer
Looking for more chicken inspired recipes? Check out these Chicken Shawarma Burgers.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.
Share this post
- Tags: cr, how to roast a whole chicken, how to roast chicken, roast chicken, roast chicken with butter sauce, roast chicken with garlic and herb butter sauce, roast chicken with white wine butter sauce, roasted chicken, weeknight roast chicken, weeknight roasted chicken