Stay warm and enjoy a hot bowl of comfort food! Learn how to make this easy corn chowder with potatoes and bacon recipe. This is budget friendly and can be done in less than an hour.
Today we used our GoWISE USA Copper 12-in-1 Pressure Cooker. This 12-in-1 pressure cooker comes with a measuring cup, spoon, stainless steel steam rack, and steam baskets. Our 10-Qt and 12.5-Qt come with 2 stackable steam baskets.
There are 12 presets to help make cooking easier, it also includes a special release pressure button, and a detachable cord to make storage easier.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 red potatoes, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Set pressure cooker to high sauté setting. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in bacon, potatoes, corn, vegetable stock, thyme and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and flour; set aside.
5. Select high sauté setting. Bring to a boil; stir in heavy cream mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more vegetable stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
6. Serve, garnished with chives, if desired and enjoy!
Looking for more pressure cooker inspired recipes? Check out this Weight Watchers Zuppa Toscana recipe.
Recipe inspiration: https://damndelicious.net/2018/02/17/instant-pot-potato-corn-chowder/
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.
Share this post
- Tags: Accessories, Easy Meals, easy recipe, Food Blogger, gowise, GoWISE USA, Meal Prep Recipes, pantry meals, Pressure Cooker, Pressure Cooker Recipe, Pressure Cooker Recipes