Skip the takeout and have dinner on the table in 30 minutes! Whip up a popular Asian dish, orange chicken in the air fryer.
You can make most of this meal in the air fryer – but you will use a stove for the sauce. Keep reading to find out how to make this delicious recipe!
We used our NEW 7-Quart Air Fryer & Dehydrator Max XL to make this recipe. Featuring a large full touchscreen control panel with an ergonomic design making it easier to start cooking with a touch of a button. The control panel is a full touchscreen comes with 8 cooking functions, Air Fry, Roast, Broil, Bake, Grill, Dehydrate, Keep Warm and Preheat.
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp white vinegar
- Orange zest, grated
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar and orange zest to make the sauce, mix well; Set aside.
2. Add in the flour and the ½ cup cornstarch in another bowl and stir together.
3. In another separate bowl, add in the egg, white pepper, salt, and the 1 Tbsp of sesame oil and whisk until combined.
4. Slice the chicken into about 1 inch pieces. Dip each piece into the egg mixture, then the flour mixture until fully coated. Fully dust off any excess flour.
5. Line the air fryer basket with perforated parchment paper (optional) and place the chicken pieces in the air fryer- or utilize your dehydrating racks like we did! Air fry at 400°F for 4 minutes. Once finished, switch the positioning of your racks and air fry at 400°F for another 4 minutes. We recommend spraying with Olive Oil spray to ensure a crispy result.
Looking for more air fryer inspired recipes? Check out this Air Fryer Blooming Onion recipe.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.
Share this post
- Tags: air fryer, Air Fryer Oven, Air Fryer Recipe, asian cuisine, Food Blogger, foodie, orangechicken