- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 red potatoes, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Set pressure cooker to high sauté setting. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in bacon, potatoes, corn, vegetable stock, thyme and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and flour; set aside.
5. Select high sauté setting. Bring to a boil; stir in heavy cream mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more vegetable stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
6. Serve, garnished with chives, if desired and enjoy!
Share this post
- Tags: Pressure Cooker, Pressure Cooker Recipe, Pressure Cooker Soups, Pressure Coooker, Pressure Oven Recipes