- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients called for the cake mix
- Cream cheese frosting
- Black frosting, for decorating
- M&Ms, for decorating
- Follow instructions on the cake mix box and mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put silicone muffin liners into air fryer basket and line the silicone liners with cupcake liners. Fill each about ¾ full with the prepared cake mix.
- Air Fry the cupcakes at 350°F for 11 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- To decorate: First, pipe the cream cheese frosting on the cupcakes. Then using the black icing pen pipe a continuous squiggly line around the cupcake to look like the cable to the lights. Last, place the M&M's along the black icing to imitate Christmas lights.