- 1 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars on high speed for 3-5 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 1 minute more.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours, baking soda and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Measure 1/3 cup of dough and form into a ball. Pull the ball in half, then press it back together. Place the dough balls on the prepared cookies sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 10 minutes, or until cookies are just golden.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for ten minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.