Our world has changed throughout these weeks; most of us are working from home and self distancing. More people are turning to cooking and baking at home as a form of therapy amid the coronavirus pandemic. If you are looking for something new to cook we are here to help! You don't have to break the bank in order to create any of our food pantry series meals.
Here are some simple dessert dishes that can be made mostly with what you have on hand. Follow along to see how we made these Fig & Cream Cheese Egg Rolls and Air Fried Churros.
These dessert recipes were created by our GoWise Graphic Designer, Hailey. A majority of the GoWISE team has been working from home and creating daily recipes. Be sure to follow along on our Instagram and follow our pantry meal series.
To make this recipe we used our 7 Quart Digital Touchscreen Air Fryer. This GoWISE USA Air Fryer is easy to operate. The large control panel features a one-touch menu screen with 8 cooking functions – Air Fry, Roast, Broil, Dehydrate, Grill, Bake, Reheat, and Keep Warm.
Fig & Cream Cheese Egg Rolls Recipe:
2 packages cream cheese, at room temperature1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
ready-made egg roll wrappers
Egg wash: 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix well on for 2 minutes with a stand or hand mixer. Remove cheesecake filling to a pastry bag or to a zip top bag with a corner snipped.
2.Stir the jam well in its jar so that it loosens and can easily be scooped with a spoon.
3. Lay an egg roll wrapper with a pointed end toward you; in the center, pipe on approximately 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Top with one tablespoon of jam. Use a pastry brush or finger to coat the edges of the egg roll wrapper with egg wash. Fold bottom corner over filling, roll snugly half-way to cover filling. Fold in both sides snugly against the filling. Roll wrap up, making sure the top corner is well-sealed with the egg wash. Spray egg rolls with olive oil cooking spray on both sides.
4. Preheat the air fryer at 400 for 3 min. Place 4-5 egg rolls in the hot fryer basket. Fry for 5-7 minutes at 400, or until the egg rolls are golden brown on top. Just like regular frying, you can count on at least one egg roll breaking and releasing filling during cooking.
5. Remove rolls from the basket and let cool. Repeat frying until all of the egg rolls are cooked. Lightly brush golden tops of egg rolls with melted butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over egg rolls.
6. Enjoy and serve warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Air Fryer Churros Recipe:
These air fried churros are crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside and they have a flavor no one can resist!
1 cup water
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter 1⁄4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour 3 eggs
1⁄4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce- pan. Add butter, salt and sift in flour. Stir well and remove from heat. Transfer flour mixture to a mixing bowl.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a hand mixer until incorporated after each addition. Allow to cool then spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large open- star tip. Squeeze out mixture into 3-inch lengths.
3. Lightly oil the bottom of the air fryer basket or line with perforated parchment paper (optional). Pipe churros into the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F for 6 minutes
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Toss the hot churros in the sugar mixture and serve warm.
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Check out this recipe blog: Quick & Easy Breakfast Recipes To Make In Your Air Fryer
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.