Jalapeno Cornbread in the Air Fryer
Spice up your cornbread with some jalapeno! We've made a delicious cornbread for you to try in your air fryer or air fryer oven.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 finely chopped jalapenos
1. In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
2. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, butter, and oil.
3. Add ingredients from the medium bowl into the large bowl and mix well.
4. Cut jalapenos into finely chopped pieces and grate cheese. Add these into the large bowl as well.
5. Oil the bottom of the shallow pan before adding cornbread batter. We used our square pan from our Air Fryer Oven Accessory Kit, but any pan should be fine.
6. Add batter halfway into the pan, it will rise when it's baking. Place onto middle rack.
7. Bake at 300F for 9 minutes, take out and rotate pan, and place back into air fryer for another 9 minutes. Make sure to stick a toothpick in the center to make sure it's completely done before eating.