- 6-12 apples
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 8 oz sausage
- 6 oz stuffing
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth, divided
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Sauté until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet. Brown, breaking up into crumbles, until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together sausage mixture and stuffing mix. Add 1 ¼ cup chicken broth and stir mixture together. Stuffing should be soft and moist. Add more chicken broth if needed.
- Slice off the tops of the apples. Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the core of each apple. Spoon stuffing mixture into apples and place into air fryer basket.
- Drizzle with ½ cup of chicken broth, and add ¼ of a cup to the bottom of the dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350° F for 15 minutes. Enjoy!