Butternut squash and cheddar cheese and apple cider are a match made in heaven in this easy soup recipe!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 oz apple cider
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- In the heated blender, add olive oil, onion, salt and pepper.
- Set the blender to the soup setting, remove clear cap on lid and let the ingredients cook until soft (5-7 minutes).
- Add the squash, stock, and cider and let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the squash is softened.
- Stop the soup preset and select the smoothie setting. Repeat until soup is smooth.
- Stir in dry mustard and cheese.
- Select the soup preset again to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds or bacon crumbles.