There is something cozy about the sweet aroma of cardamom! The cookie itself is nothing more than a classic shortbread. They are similar to butter cookies but much more tender and crumblier.
¾ cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Cardamom
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Highland Harvested Saigon Cinnamon
¼ cup molasses
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl beat the shortening for 20 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, baking soda, cardamom and cinnamon. Blend well.
- Add the molasses and egg, blend again.
- Add the flour gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine the coating ingredients in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls and roll in the sugar mixture, then
- place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.