2 cups sliced strawberries (I used fresh strawberries I previously froze)
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1 tsp. butter (to prevent foaming)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 box Sure Jell (powdered pectin)
4 cups sugar
- Turn stove-top on to high heat. Place a large stock pot on burner and add butter, strawberries, cranberries, spices and Sure Jell.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add sugar and return to a rolling boil (one that doesn't stop while stirring), stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove stock pot from heat and ladle jam into canning jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover jars with lids and bands and tighten just until finger tight.
- Place rack into Pressure Cooker with jars spaced evenly, not touching each other.
- Lock lid. Select the Canning preset and adjust time down to 20 minutes. When it beeps, use the quick release to release pressure.
Let sit for 12 hours, then check the lids for tight seals. Top that pops - do not use. Top that does not pop - good to use. Let sit on your kitchen counter-top undisturbed for 24 hours. Store in pantry.
Share this post
- Tags: Pressure Cooker Recipe