This week we decided to make a vegetarian meal: Rice Paper Spring Rolls with Air Fried Tofu.
Nutritional Info: This recipe is filled with veggies, tofu, and rice paper spring rolls which are all nutritious. Tofu provides a good source of protein, amino acids, iron, calcium, and more. To read more about the nutritional value of tofu follow this link: http://bit.ly/2FkLYmo
1 block extra firm tofu, pressed
½ cup of peanut oil
1 tbsp. of smoked paprika
12 spring roll rice papers
1 bundle of cilantro, chopped
Chopped green onions
Pickled radishes and carrots
Soy Sauce for dipping (optional)
Part 1: Tofu
- Place paper towels on a plate
- Place firm tofu onto paper towels
- Place paper towel on top of tofu and press for 5 minutes
- Cut tofu into cubes
- In a bowl, add ½ cup of peanut oil
- Dip tofu into oil and place into air fryer
- Before closing the air fryer, sprinkle with smoked paprika
- Set air fryer to 370F for 12-15 minutes
- Every few minutes take out the basket and flip the tofu
Part 2: Spring Rolls
- Run warm water over rice paper for 30 seconds and lay it out on a plate. The rice paper will continue to soften as you add your fillings.
- Add tofu, pickled vegetables, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions.
- Roll it up and enjoy!