Let's be completely honest here. This was not an easy one to make, so if you decide to take this challenge please take it slow and remember it's okay to make mistakes. Also, if you feel like you've mastered the recipe, please let us know!
Beignet means fritter or doughnut in French. They are deep fried pastries with a hollow center and they are delicious. Watch how we make them in the air fryer!
2 cups warm water
2 tsp active yeast
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup evaporated milk
6 cups of flour
1/4 cup of shortening
1. In a bowl, add 2 cups of warm water and 2 tsp of active yeast
2. Blend to combine
3. Add 1/3 cup of white sugar, 1 tsp salt, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of evaporated milk
4. Blend to combine
5. Slowly add in 2 cups of flour
6. Add 1/4 cup of shortening
7. Slowly add in remaining 4 cups of flour
8. Once that is mixed well, throw some flour on your counter top to begin shaping the dough
9. Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired size
10. Place parchment paper into air fryer
11. Brush each side of the beignets with vegetable oil
12. Place beignets in air fryer for 5 minutes at 320F
13. Add powdered sugar on top and enjoy!