We believe it's always important to try new things in the kitchen, so this week we had one of our staff members make one of her favorite dishes: tomato oxtail soup. We used the newer model of our pressure cooker and decided to make it a video that we could share with you.
There are many different types of oxtail soup, since it is a popular dish in China, Indonesia, and Korea. Our colleague made her version of the Chinese Oxtail Soup and we thought it was delicious! We truly hope you enjoy our latest recipe. Please let us know your thoughts on our social media pages!
If you're curious about the benefits of oxtail please follow this link: http://bit.ly/2C8YfMj
3 lbs. oxtail
1 onion, chopped
3 green onions, whole
15 g ginger
1 tbs salt
3 tbs cooking wine (sherry)
14 oz. tomato paste
2 bay leaves
2 potatoes, diced
1. Boil oxtail, 5 grams of fresh ginger, and sherry for about 5 minutes.
2. In the inner pot, add water until it reaches the halfway point (a little more is okay), and transfer the oxtail into the inner pot.
3. Add 5 peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, 10 grams of fresh ginger, and 3 green onions to the inner pot.
4. Lock the lid in place and select the meat/stew preset.
5. Time to make tomato sauce! Take out your blender for this part.
6. Add 1 whole tomato and 14 oz. of tomato paste into a blender.
7. Blend on medium until smooth.
8. Now on a stove top, saute chopped onion until soft and slightly brown. Once they are brown, transfer onion to a bowl.
9. On the same pan, saute 3 chopped tomatoes on high until soft. Be careful to not burn the tomatoes!
10. Add tomato sauce and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
11. Back to the pressure cooker, use the quick release button to release pressure.
12. Add cooked tomatoes and sauce, cooked onion, potatoes, and salt. Close the lid.
13. Select "veggies" preset. Once the preset is done, you are ready to eat!
14. Pour and enjoy!