- 1 package of strawberry or red velvet cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Fill greased ramekins ¾ of the way full with batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Allow cakes to cool before removing them from ramekins.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cut the top layers off the cakes. Cut the remaining cake in half and fill with filling mixture. Decorate the tops as desired – we used a heart shaped cookie cutter and some sprinkles. Enjoy!