If you are eating healthy in 2022, try these chicken meatballs. They are packed with veggies and herbs! These meatballs are taken up a notch with the addition of zucchini! The zucchini adds extra moisture to these meatballs, that ground chicken can sometimes lack.
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 4 chunks
- 1 lb. chicken thighs & breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
Coconut Herb Sauce
- One 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1¼ cups chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F.
- Attach the shredding head to the meat grinder base then attach the course shredding cone. Feed the zucchini into the shredding head and push it down using the vegetable pusher. Shred into a mesh strainer. Gently press down on the grated zucchini with your fingers to drain the excess liquid.
- Next, attach the meat grinder head and grind the chicken thighs and breasts, alternating each while pushing it through.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the ground chicken, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, egg, drained zucchini and salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, form into 1-inch balls using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and place the meatballs into the air fryer.
- Cook at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To make the sauce: Combine the coconut milk, parsley, scallions, lemon zest and juice and garlic. Use the immersion blender and process until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the meatballs with the remaining parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve over cauliflower rice and drizzle with the sauce.
Watch the full recipe video here
Looking for more meat grinder recipes? Check out this Air Fryer Game Day Sliders
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.