How to Make Chipotle Pumpkin Soup
with The GoWISE USA Heating Blender
1/2 cup yellow onions, coarsely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1 garlic clove
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 tbsp adobo sauce from can
1 medium avocado
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup smoked sausage, sliced
1/2 cup black beans, drained
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Blend avocado, buttermilk, and water until smooth. Scoop into a bowl, cover and set aside.
2. Wash the blender pitcher to prepare for the next step.
3. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and diced onions to the pitcher. Press the On/Off button and select the "Soup" preset. Remove the lid cap and cook for 3 minutes. Use the "Chop" button periodically to mix ingredients and prevent burning.
4. Add the garlic and cumin and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the lid (this will shut off the blender) and add the chicken stock, pumpkin, and salt.
6. Replace the lid and select the "Soup" preset again. Make sure the lid cap is back on the lid and then mix the soup by pressing the "Chop" button a few times.
7. Once the soup is mixed together, remove the lid cap to add the chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. Replace the lid cap and use the chop button to mix together. Let the soup simmer for about 12 - 15 minutes.
8. While the soup is simmering, prepare the toppings.
9. Add remaining olive oil to a small saucepan. Add the sausage and cook on medium until it starts to brown.
10. Add the black beans and smoked paprika, and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
11. After the soup has been simmering for 12 - 15 minutes, press the "Stop" button. Hold down the "Pulse" button to ensure ingredients are evenly blended.
12. Top the soup with the avocado crema, sausage mixture, and chopped cilantro.
Premiere High Performance Heating Blender
$ 199.95Learn More