This easy, healthy homemade chicken shawarma is a huge fan-favorite around here and for good reason! What makes this recipe so great is the simple shawarma spice mixture, which makes all the difference.
To make this recipe we used our GoWISE USA Meat Grinder and Food Processor and our 3D Air Fryer Oven.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 4-5 Kaiser rolls, split
- 4-5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup giardiniera, chopped
- Lemon Tahini Sauce, recipe follows
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using your meat grinder's coarse cutting plate, feed the cubed chicken into the grinding head using the food pusher. Grind in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the meantime preheat your oven's grill plate, using the grill function at 450F for 12 mins.
- Mix together the cumin, paprika, turmeric, garlic, allspice, chili powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Mix in the olive oil to make a paste.
- Add the spice blend paste to the meat and mix to gently combine.
- Divide the meat into 4-5 balls and flatten into patties.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place patties on preheated grill plate and cook at 450F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While the burgers are cooking, make your Tahini Sauce. Whisk the tahini, lemon juice, honey and olive oil together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Burger Build: On each roll bottom, place 1 leaf of romaine, then a burger and some giardiniera. Add a nice schmear of the Lemon Tahini sauce on each roll top.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
To learn more about our meat grinders click here.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.