Today we are going to teach you how to cook this BBQ pulled chicken sandwich easily made in your pressure cooker.
We used our GoWISE USA 8.5 Quart Ovate Series. It has the look and feel of a slow cooker – with pressure to speed up the cooking process. Meats cook up to 70% faster, while retaining flavor and juices.
With Memorial Day coming up here is a quick recipe that everyone will love. BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are a backyard must-have. This recipe normally takes hours to prepare but is ready to serve in under an hour using the pressure cooker.
This recipe also gives a quick and easy slaw to provide a fresh and crisp condiment for the barbeque.
Pair it with your favorite chips and add pickles and you have the perfect quick meal!
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1- 16 ounce bag of coleslaw mix
- Trim any excess fat from chicken. Cut breasts in half so each piece is about the same size as the thighs.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Once combined, add the chicken and the dry rub to a 1 gallon plastic bag and shake well, massaging the dry rub to coat all of the chicken.
- Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to Instant pot and press sauté. In batches, brown the chicken and set aside.
- After all the chicken is browned, pour ½ cup of broth into the pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape all of the brown bits from the bottom.
- Next, add the other 1/2 cup of broth, the Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke to the pot. Then add chicken, halfway submerging in the liquid.
- Secure lid, set vent to “sealing” and cook using the Poultry preset on HIGH Pressure for 15 minutes. When cooking time is done, allow pressure to naturally release for at least 10 minutes.
- While your chicken is cooking, combine all cole slaw ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once pressure is released and pin drops, carefully remove lid. Remove chicken to a separate bowl. Add about ¼ cup of the juices from the pot and shred. Add your favorite BBQ sauce and mix.
- Serve on warm brioche and enjoy!
Pair this recipe with our Classic Potato Salad made using our GoWISE USA pressure cooker.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.