This enjoyable autumn-inspired dish can easily become a new favorite for apple lovers.
For the chicken marinade
• 3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs and legs
• ¾ cup apple cider
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp onion powder
• ¼ tsp crushed rosemary
• ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
• 1/8 tsp allspice
For the Potatoes and onions
• 1 ½ lbs baby potatoes, halved
• ½ yellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
For the Apple cider glaze
• 1 cup apple cider
• 1 ½ Tbsp brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp sherry
• 1 tsp grainy mustard
1. In a small bowl whisk together apple cider, olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt, onion powder, rosemary, pepper, and allspice. Add to a large Ziploc bag with chicken pieces, and toss to coat evenly. Allow to marinate for 30 min- 24 hours.
2. Place marinated chicken on a baking pan. Place parts skin side up and spread them evenly over the pan. Arrange the potatoes and onions around and under the chicken, filling in the spaces on the pan.
3. Bake at 400 F for 35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the potatoes are tender.
For the Cider Glaze
1. Add apple cider, brown sugar, sherry, and mustard to a small saucepan. Whisk and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Summer mixture for 5-10 minutes, then turn off the heat. Let mixture sit, whisking occasionally, until thickened.
2. Remove baking dish from the oven. Pour the glaze over the chicken and potatoes. Garnish with chopper herbs.