This pulled pork takes inspiration from fall flavors, it's sweet from the apple and makes transitioning into the cold weather much simpler
• 2 onions
• 6-9 lb bone-in pork shoulder
• 2 tsp salt
• 2 cup apple cider
• ½ cup honey
• 3 tbsp whole grain mustard
1. Place half of sliced onions in the pressure cooker. Pour 1 cup apple cider over the onions.
2. Place pork on top of onions. Rub mustard, salt, and honey onto meat. Flip, and repeat. Add remaining onions on top of the pork.
3. Lock the lid of the pressure cooker, cook on high pressure for 1.5 hours and let the pressure naturally release.
4. Once done cooking, use tongs to remove the pork from the pressure cooker and place it on a large tray. While pork is removed, turn the pressure cooker on to Sauté. Add the remaining apple cider to the pot and let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Use large forks or bear claws to shred the meat from the bone. Once the meat has been removed, return the pulled pork back to the pot of juices. Turn the pressure cooker to Keep Warm.
6. Serve warm.