Slow cooked root veggies with apple cider turn into a wonderful side dish.
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 3 lbs mixed root vegetables (carrots, sweet potato, parsnip, etc.) peeled and sliced into ½ inch pieces
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- In the pressure cooker pot, pour in the apple cider. Set the pressure cooker to saute and let the cider reduce to half- about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in butter, honey/maple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetables to the pressure cooker and stir to coat.
- Set the pressure cooker to slow cook at 205 F for 3 hours.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with thyme.