Get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit with these yummy Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes topped with Irish cream and green sprinkles. These are easy to make and delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- ¾ cup special cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur or caramel-flavor coffee creamer
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce
- ½ cup assorted green and/or gold sprinkles
1. Line twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cupcake liners. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt, set aside.
2. In separate bowl, add 1 cup of hot melted butter, add in the room temperature Guinness, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and granulated sugar. Continue stirring until smooth.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, or hand held mixer, combine brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Add melted butter mixture and beat on medium-low until cooled. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until eggs are incorporated.
4. With mixer on medium, combine flour and batter mixtures. Once combined, add the sour cream, beating until combined and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. (They will be nearly full.)
5. Bake at 300 F for about 18 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Let cool in pans 5 minutes; remove to wire rack. Let cool.
1. For frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the softened butter on medium-high until creamy. Reduce speed; add powdered sugar, liqueur, caramel sauce, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Increase speed to medium-high; beat until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
2. Pipe or frost cupcakes and add sprinkles. Makes 24 cupcakes. Enjoy!
12.7 QT Air Fryer Oven Ultra
Looking for more air fryer inspired recipes? Check out this Apple Pie Bombs recipe in the air fryer.
Recipe inspiration: https://www.bhg.com/recipe/pot-o-gold-chocolate-guinness-cupcakes/
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.