Tom Yum Soup
Discover what your heated blender can do. We created a delicious Tom Yum Soup using our heated blender. What is Tom Yum soup? Tom Yum soup is from Thailand and can be made a couple of different ways. The word "Tom" refers to the boiling process, while "Yum" refers to the sweet and sour taste. We decided to make ours with chicken instead of traditional shrimp and we were so pleased with the results! Let us know how your Tom Yum Soup turns out. To learn more about our heated blender please visit the link below.
Chopped Chicken Breast
1 tbsp Tom Yum Paste
3 cups Chicken Stock
2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
A handful of Green Beans
A couple of Thai Chilies
1 tsp Caster Sugar
1 Lime for Juicing
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
Salt + Pepper to Taste
A handful of fresh Coriander
optional - 3/4 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
Secret Ingredient - Lemon Grass Paste
1. Start with 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
2. Toss in the Green Onions whole
3. Make sure you lock the lid
4. Use the manual setting to set the temperature at 202° for 4 minutes.
5. Press the Start/Stop button
6. Use the 'Chop' button until they're good and minced.
7. Add the Green Beans
8. Chop the Green Beans a few times
9. Pour in the Broth
10. Add Tom Yum Paste, Fish Sauce, Lemon Grass Paste, Salt + Pepper, Chicken, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Thai Chilies, Caster Sugar, and Lime Juice, Shiitake Mushrooms.
11. Use the 'Soup' preset
12. Let cook for around 12 minutes
13. Lastly, add a handful of Coriander
14. Mix together and serve.
Where to buy
Share this post
- Tags: Blender Recipes