We're taking sweet potatoes to a new level today! These Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes are so flavorful and creamy and make for a great lunch or dinner. They also would be perfect to make during meal-prep on a Sunday night. This recipe is nutritious and filling, the best part? They are gluten-free, and easy to put together for a Whole30 or Paleo weeknight dinner recipe.
What type of sweet potatoes are best for this recipe?
We cooked small to medium sweet potatoes to minimize the cooking time in the air fryer. You can choose bigger ones, but they will take a bit longer to bake. Make sure that they are the same size, and as round as you can find them so you can fit more of the buffalo chicken stuffing.
We used our new 14.7 Quart Ultimate Air Fryer Oven Grill to make this recipe. With new dual heating elements, you can cut your cooking time and heat evenly from all sides.Keep reading to find the full recipe and video.
2 medium chicken breasts
4 large or 8 small sweet potatoes
2 green onions
Creamy Buffalo Sauce:
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp hot sauce (like frank's hot sauce)
1 tbsp ranch dressing
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Wash sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place on air fryer racks, bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt. Place on the rack. Bake for 15 additional minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, hot sauce, ranch dressing, garlic powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Thinly slice two green onions and mix into your sauce.
- Remove chicken and sweet potato from air fryer. Let your chicken cool slightly. Shred chicken, either by hand with two forks or with a stand or hand mixer. In a small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients until smooth. Pour over chicken and add white and light green parts of sliced green onions. Stir until well combined.
- When sweet potatoes are soft, remove from air fryer and slice down the middle carefully. Push ends in, using a towel or potholder to protect your hands, to open the sweet potato a little. Stuff with buffalo chicken mixture and top with more ranch dressing and garnish with dark green parts of sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Looking for more Air Fryer inspired recipes? Check out our recent recipe blog: Air Fryer Beef Jerky
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.