December 4th is one of the sweetest days – It’s National Cookie Day! No better way to celebrate than by baking. As you gear up for the holidays, cookies are probably already on your mind! We’ve rounded up 5 cookie recipes that you can create in your air fryer oven.
Using our 12.7 QT Ultra Air Fryer Oven makes baking these delicious treats 10x easier. These cookies are perfectly crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside, which makes for a very happy dessert! Serve alongside a glass of milk or hot chocolate, put your favorite Christmas movie on, and just sit back and enjoy!
Grammy’s Jam Thumbprints
These thumbprint cookies are perfect for the holiday or any occasion! Bake them at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes for a delicious treat!
2/3 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs (yolks separated; whites saved)
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cup flour
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add in yolks, vanilla, and salt – beat well.
- Gradually add in flour.
- Shape into ¾ inch balls. Dip into beaten egg whites. Then roll in finely chopped walnuts.
- Place on greased cookies sheet. Press down in center with thumb.
- Bake in your Air Fryer Oven at 350*F for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
- Add strawberry preserves into the thumbprint.
Hot Cocoa Cookies
For the cookies-
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
15 large marshmallows
For the icing -
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan (or in a microwave safe bowl, using 50% power), melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until well combined.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and blend until just combined.
- While mixing, add the flour mixture slowly and blend until just combined.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then cover the dough and refrigerate about 1 hour. If making the dough a day ahead, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before shaping.
- Use a tablespoon (or a tablespoon sized cookie scoop) to scoop the dough, then roll the dough in your hands to create balls. Arrange the balls about 2 inches apart on your baking pan, then flatten slightly. Bake cookies in your Air Fryer Oven for about 10 minutes at 320*F.
- While the cookies bake, cut the large marshmallows in half (crosswise). When the cookies have baked, remove from oven and press one marshmallow half (cut side down) into the center of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake another 2-3 minutes. Allow the pan of cookies to cool a few minutes, then transfer cookies to cooling rack.
- Prepare cookie icing by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl and mixing together with a whisk. Place wire cooling rack (with cookies on it) over a baking sheet (to catch any excess icing). Spoon a small amount of icing onto the top of each marshmallow, and use the back of the spoon to spread it a bit. After icing just a couple cookies, top with sprinkles before the icing dries.
Allow icing to set up about 30 minutes before serving.
Kick off your holiday baking with these classic sugar cookies! They’re easy to make and perfect to decorate for the holidays. They’re perfect for sitting around the kitchen table and letting the little ones get creative with their decorations!
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Royal Icing or Easy Glaze Icing
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract (if using) and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be relatively soft. If the dough seems too soft and sticky for rolling, add 1 Tablespoon more flour.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Place each portion onto a piece of lightly floured parchment paper or a lightly floured silicone baking mat. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness. The rolled-out dough can be any shape, as long as it is evenly 1/4-inch thick.
- Lightly dust one of the rolled-out doughs with flour. Place a piece of parchment on top. (This prevents sticking.) Place the 2nd rolled-out dough on top. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Once chilled, carefully remove the top dough piece from the refrigerator. If it’s sticking to the bottom, run your hand under it to help remove it. Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes. Re-roll the remaining dough and continue cutting until all is used. Repeat with 2nd piece of dough.
- Arrange cookies on parchment covered mesh racks, keeping space in between them. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Decorate the cooled cookies with royal icing or my easy glaze icing. Feel free to tint either icing with gel food coloring.
- Enjoy cookies right away or wait until the icing sets to serve them.
There is something cozy about the sweet aroma of cardamom! The cookie itself is nothing more than a classic shortbread. They are similar to butter cookies but much more tender and crumblier.
¾ cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Cardamom
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Highland Harvested Saigon Cinnamon
¼ cup molasses
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp. The Spice Hunter Ground Cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl beat the shortening for 20 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, baking soda, cardamom and cinnamon. Blend well.
- Add the molasses and egg, blend again.
- Add the flour gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine the coating ingredients in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls and roll in the sugar mixture, then
- place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
From the delicious flavor to the soft, chewy texture, these cookies are everything you want in a homemade treat. This is a easy recipe that takes minutes to prepare and minutes to bake! Sure to be a family favorite!
1 stick salted butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar + more for coating & sprinkling
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 package pistachio instant pudding mix
- In a large bowl, with a stand or hand mixer cream butter until smooth. Add in 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl combine flour and dry pudding mix until combined. Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture until it forms a dough.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and use tablespoon measuring spoon to make a cookie ball. Lightly roll in powdered sugar. Take back of measuring spoon to slightly press ball.
- Place on a baking pan and bake at 350*F for 6 minutes. Remove and let cool 3 to 5 minutes in baking pan.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar over the top, if desired.
Looking for more dessert inspired recipes? Check out our healthy desserts blog: Healthy Desserts You Didn't Know You Could Make With Your Air Fryer
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.