New copycat recipe!
This crispy, salty recipe, is just as good as your local Outback restaurant!
Leveled up and BETTER! This Air Fryer Blooming Onion is the perfect way to satisfy your fried food craving without the greasy guilt!
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 small onions
Copycat Bloom Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. creamy horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1/3 tsp paprika
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
1. Slice the ends off your onions, then cut them in half. Slice the onions into 1 inch petals and set aside.
2. Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl. Then mix all your wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. To coat your onions, dip into the wet batter, then the dry batter, then back into the wet, and dry again. Set aside and repeat for all petals.
4. Place the petals into the air fryer leaving a little space between them, working in batches. Lightly spray the tops of the onion petals with oil spray.
5. Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 4 minutes. Once done, turn the petals over carefully and spray the tops again. Cook for another 4 minutes, adding additional minutes if not browned.
6. While the petals are cooking, mix the copycat bloom sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
7. Serve with the sauce and enjoy!
Watch recipe video
5 Quart Electric Programmable Air Fryer
For more copycat recipes, check out these Copycat Crumbl Cookies we made using our 25 Quart Air Fryer Oven & Professional Dehydrator with 3D Heating.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.