Make these for a Christmas Day evening tear-and-share and enjoy with your loved ones!
We made this using our 25 Quart Air Fryer Oven & Professional Dehydrator with 3D Heating.
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped sage
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 large egg, beaten
- For the relish
- 14 oz. cranberry sauce
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- Preheat the Air Fryer Oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage, sage, ground cloves, and some salt and pepper.
- For the relish, mix together the cranberry sauce, orange zest, star anise, cinnamon stick. Reserve 4 Tablespoons of cranberry sauce for later and warm the rest of the relish up either by microwaving or by putting it in a small saucepan.
- Thaw the puff pastry for about 10 minutes before you need to roll it out. Roll the pastry to a long rectangle. Spread the reserved 4 tablespoons of cranberry sauce lengthways down the middle of the pastry, in a line. Mold the sausage meat mixture into a log shape and lay it on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Use the beaten egg to brush down one side of the pastry. Fold the other side over the meat, then roll onto the egg-washed side to seal.
- Make about 10-12 even cuts about two thirds of the way through the sausage roll, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Place on the Air Fryer Oven baking pan and join the two ends together to form a wreath shape. Use a little more egg wash to join the 2 ends.
- Gently twist each piece of sausage roll over, without tearing it from the main body, so it is filling-side up. Brush any exposed pastry with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until the pastry is golden and puffed, and the sausage meat is cooked through.
- Serve with the relish in a small bowl in the center for dipping and enjoy!
25 Quart Air Fryer Oven & Professional Dehydrator
Looking for more air fryer dessert recipes? Check out these S'mores 5 Ways recipe.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.