Christmas morning will be sweeter than ever when you serve these festive rolls topped with a rich and creamy frosting. It is a breakfast treat with a seasonal spin.
We made these delicious rolls using our 25 Quart Air Fryer Oven & Professional Dehydrator with 3D Heating.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
- Zest of one orange
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, whole and chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1/4 cup butter melted (use 1/3 cup cranberry jelly in place of the butter, if desired)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil for rolling out dough
- Butter for greasing the pan
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the all purpose flour and the yeast. Add the orange zest into the flour mixture.
- Next, melt 1/3 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it's melted and starts to bubble, turn off the heat and stir in the sugar and the salt until the grains begin to dissolve in the hot butter. Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly. Once it feels only slightly warm to the touch (slightly above room temperature) you're good to add in the egg and whisk it into the mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Using the dough hooks, mix on low and watch the ingredients combine. After about a minute you should see a sticky dough starting to come together. If you need to turn the mixer off and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, you can.
- Turn up the mixer speed slightly and allow the mixture to knead the dough for about 3 minutes. The dough should be tacky to the touch, but not so sticky that it's very messy. It should pull away from the sides of the bowl easily. If the dough appears too sticky, continue kneading and add flour, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough reaches that tacky texture.
- Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and move it to a warm place in your kitchen to rise for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- To make the filling: add the chopped and whole cranberries to a large bowl and stir them together with the sugar, orange zest and orange juice.
- After the dough has risen fully, turn the dough out onto a work surface that's been very lightly greased with vegetable oil. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough evenly until you have a rectangle shape. Brush the dough with the melted butter (or cranberry jelly, if using this instead).
- Spread the cranberry mixture evenly over the rectangle of dough.
- Roll up the dough from the long side until you've got one long roll. Cut the roll at an even thickness as this promotes even baking.
- Grease baking pan with some butter. Arrange the pieces in the pan you've greased. An arrangement of about 7-8 rolls.
- Preheat the Air Fryer Oven to 350°F.
- Once the oven has preheated, bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until they're a nice even light golden brown color.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let them cool on the pan for about 20-25 minutes.
- While the buns are cooling, begin making the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar and orange juice, just until a drizzle-consistency is reached.
- Drizzle the glaze over the buns when they're cooled almost completely.
- Sprinkle some additional cranberries and orange zest over the top, and serve!
Watch the full recipe here:
25 Quart Air Fryer Oven & Professional Dehydrator
Looking for more air fryer dessert recipes? Check out these S'mores 5 Ways recipe.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.