Easter weekend is here so we had to do a carrot inspired recipe! We made some Carrot Cake Cupcakes with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and we made them in the air fryer! These cupcakes are very simple to make and most will have these ingredients in their pantry already!
We took the cream cheese frosting that you would typically see on top of a carrot cake and added an extra layer and made a cinnamon cream cheese frosting! Decorate these cupcakes with anything you'd like to customize them, the topping possibilities are endless!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk. Add the carrots and oil and fold together.
- Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda and fold them all together without over mixing.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners and fill each about 3/4 full (we used a large ice cream scoop).
- Bake the cupcakes for about 14 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- While those are baking, prepare the frosting. In another bowl, add in the softened cream cheese, butter and mix. Add in the vanilla, powdered sugar and cinnamon and mix again.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag and put in the refrigerator to set for as long as it takes for your cupcakes to bake and cool.
- Once cooled, you can now pipe on the frosting and decorate your cupcakes. We used chocolate candies to decorate ours, but get as creative with this step as you would like!
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE
14.7 Quart Ultimate Air Fryer Oven Grill
Looking for more Easter recipes? Check out these Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles or these Mini Blueberry Cobblers
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.