Air frying your chicken wings gives the crispiest texture and in a fraction of the time! We coated these wings in an amazing sweet and spicy dry rub that you need to try! These are perfect for a quick weekly dinner or a weekend appetizer!
Not only are these dry rubbed wings great on their own, but you can also use this dry rub as the base to initially crisp up the skin, toss them in your favorite sauce and air fry again! This will give the chicken wings an added layer of flavor!
We made a simple Gorgonzola cheese dipping sauce to go along with these- which was so yummy! This recipe from start to finish took about 25 minutes!
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil1/2 Tbsp ancho chile pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 3/4 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried ground thyme
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 clove garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F degrees.
- Combine all dry rub ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken wings and vegetable oil and toss.
- Sprinkle in about half of the dry rub mixture and toss the chicken wings to coat evenly. Note: This dry rub mixture is enough for 4 lbs of chicken wings, but feel free to use all the dry rub or save the remaining for later.
- Remove the air fryer basket and spray with canola oil spray if desired. Add the chicken wings to the basket.
- Set the timer to 30 minutes and utilizing the ALARM feature, select the 15 minute option to remind you to flip the wings halfway through.
- While the wings are cooking, make the gorgonzola dipping sauce. Add the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, gorgonzola cheese, garlic, pepper and salt. Mix and refrigerate until it's time to serve.
- Once the wings are done, serve immediately with the dipping sauce and carrot and celery sticks. Enjoy!
WATCH THE FULL RECIPE HERE
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.