Looking for a perfect Valentine's Day recipe for you and your significant other? This Pressure Cooker Risotto is a must try! This rich, creamy risotto can be achieved in just 10 minutes using our Ovate Pressure Cooker.
Pair this traditional Italian dish with 2 glasses of Sauvignon blanc and you have the perfect date night for two this Valentines Day!
We gave you the bones to this recipe, but you can customize this dish so many ways! Add in some mushrooms or pair it with some seared scallops!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil in the pressure cooker and heat on Sauté Mode, uncovered.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the onion begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and rice. Stir to coat the grains and cook about one minute longer.
- Add the wine. Cook until it is mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and stir to combine. Reserve 1/2 cup of the broth for later.
- Cover the Ovate Pressure Cooker with the lid. Using the Manual preset, cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once timer is complete, do a Quick Release.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup broth, 1 tablespoon butter, and the Parmesan cheese and stir well to combine with the rice.
- Season with the salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
Watch recipe video here
8.5 Quart Ovate Series Pressure Cooker
Looking for more pressure cooker recipes? Check out this amazing Chicken and Dumplings recipe!
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.