Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the perfect fall treat. This is a warm and cozy recipe that your whole family will fall in love with!
We made this recipe using our 25 Quart Air Fryer Oven. Quick tip: Cookies made in an air fryer require less baking time than those made in a traditional oven, so monitor your cookies to avoid burning them.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup regular milk or dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, with hand mixers beat together the softened butter with the brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add in the egg yolk, vanilla and pumpkin and beat in to combine. (Blot the canned pumpkin with paper towels if you notice it is overly watery).
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, quick oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and preferably 1 hour. (This is a crucial step and if skipped your cookies will likely spread like a pancake.)
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 350°F.
- Once the dough has been chilled, spray your baking pan with a nonstick spray, or use one of our parchment paper liners.
- Roll two small balls of dough and the press together one cookie dough ball on top of the other to create one tall piece without flattening. This forms a tallish, almost vertical rectangle shape - this helps the cookies have that crisp exterior and chewy interior.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until very lightly browned at the bottom/sides.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
- This is optional but huge for appearance: press in additional chocolate chips into the tops of each of the cookies as soon as you remove them from the oven.
- Dunk these delicious cookies in a glass of cold milk and enjoy with friends and family!
Watch full recipe video
25 Quart Air Fryer Oven & Professional Dehydrator
Looking for more air fryer dessert recipes? Check out these S'mores 5 Ways recipe.
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.