This chicken adobo recipe is a keeper!
Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish made by braising chicken legs (thighs and/or drumsticks) in a sauce made up of vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper. It’s tangy, salty, garlicy, slightly sweet, and spicy. The chicken is slowly simmered in the sauce making it flavorful and incredibly tender.
What pressure cooker did we use?
To make this recipe we used our 9.5 Quart Ovate Series Pressure Cooker. Enjoy this all-in-one pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, egg maker, sauté pan, yogurt maker, steamer, and warmer. Try each feature at the touch of a button.
Here is what you will need:
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup onions
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup soy Sauce
3 and 1/2 tbs vinegar
Side of steamed white rice
1. Drizzle the pressure cooker pan with oil. Press the sauté function and set the pressure cooker to 355 degrees.
2. Once the cooker is done heating up the timer will appear on the control panel.
3. Add your garlic and onions and let it brown. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
4. Add your chicken, stir it and let it brown.
5. Add vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and stir.
6. Close the lid and it is ready for pressure. Set for high pressure at 15 minutes.
7. Once cooking is complete, natural release your pressure cooker and when finished open the lid.
8. Add bay leaves and mix it up.
9. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Looking for more pressure cooker inspired recipes? Check out this recipe blog: Chocolate Oatmeal In Your Pressure Cooker
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.