These Birria Egg Rolls are a must try! We used 6 Quart Pressure Cooker to make the beef birria and consomé and used the air fryer to make them into crispy delicious egg rolls!
This may seem like a daunting recipe, but everything can be done in one pot when using the pressure cooker. Toasting up the chiles, browning the meat and combining everything to make that flavorful consomé for dipping!
The egg rolls consist of the beef birria, fresh cut cilantro and onion and a gooey stick of mozzarella cheese. The perfect bite!!
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 dried ancho chilies
- 3 dried guajillo chilies
- 1 New Mexican dried chile
- 1 dried chile de árbol
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano or oregano
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt & ground black pepper
- egg roll wrappers
- cilantro, chopped
- white onion, chopped
- mozzarella cheese sticks
- Using Saute Mode, toast all of the chiles for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the oil and season and brown all sides of the beef. Set aside.
- Add in the onion, garlic and 1 cup of stock to the pot. Make sure to scrape the brown bits off the bottom.
- Then add the cinnamon, bay leaves, mexican oregano, cumin, coriander, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, the other cup of stock, and all of the toasted chiles. Mix everything together.
- Place the beef on top of everything in the pressure cooker pot and close the lid.
- Make sure the switch is switched to SEALED and cook at Manual High Pressure for 40 minutes.
- Once done, do a Natural Release for 15 minutes and then release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the beef and shred.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and bay leaves.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add shredded beef back in.
- Now assemble your egg rolls: Egg roll wrapper, beef birria, cilantro and onion, cheese stick and roll!
- Follow the instructions on the egg roll wrapper packaging for how to seal.
- Air fry these at 400F for 8 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Add cilantro, onion and lime juice to the consomé and use to dip. Enjoy!
Looking for more recipes like this? Check out these Southwest Egg Rolls
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.