We are BIG fans of one pot meals that can be whipped up quick! This Creamy Orzo can be eaten as a side dish or even a main dish depending on what you decide to put in it! This one is a vegetarian version made with mushrooms and asparagus!
The cool thing about orzo dishes, they can be tweaked so many ways! You could take it the Mediterranean route with tomatoes, red onion and black olives. You could go the Italian route with Italian sausage, spinach and Parmesan. So many options!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- Set the pressure cooker to it's SAUTE mode and add in the olive oil and butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the diced onion, mushroom and asparagus. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Next, stir in the spices, orzo and vegetable broth.
- Close the lid and cook for 4 minutes on High Pressure.
- Do a quick release.
- Stir in the Asiago cheese set aside to cool. It will thicken as it cools.
- Season with any additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve!
WATCH THE FULL RECIPE VIDEO:
Stainless Steel 12-in-1 Pressure Cooker
Looking for more pressure cooker recipes like this? Try this Healthy Chicken Tikka Masala or this Wild Rice Soup
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.