Sausage and Cabbage - a fall and winter comfort classic. This dish deserves a spot in your weekly rotation! It's a low-carb, yet comforting option that you can feel good eating and not feel bad about later!
We used the 7 Quart Steam Air Fryer for this recipe and were able to air fry the sausage and steam the cabbage in one pan!
- 12 oz smoked sausage, cut into coins
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 head of green cabbage, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the sausage and onion into the air fryer basket. Spray with a little oil spray and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook at 400F for about 12 minutes, getting the sausage and onion a bit crispy.
- Once done, remove the sausage and onion to a clean plate.
- Without cleaning the basket, add in the cabbage. This adds a little flavor to the cabbage.
- Steam at 212F for about 6 minutes. You want the cabbage to still have a bit to it.
- Remove the basket and season the cabbage with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and the 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Add in the sausage and onions and give it a nice mix.
- Cook all together at 400F for 5 minutes or so.
- Plate and enjoy!
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE
Looking for more recipes like this using the Steam Air Fryer? Check out this Seafood Boil
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.