If you are looking for a recipe to bring to this weekend's 4th of July BBQ, you've found it! This Pig Shots recipe screams BBQ! These are bite size smoked sausage pieces wrapped in crispy bacon and filled with a spicy cream cheese mixture!
These were filled with cream cheese, green onions, cheddar cheese and a Texas-style seasoning blend, the literal perfect bite 🤤 We then topped some with BBQ sauce and some with ranch. Add extra green onions and cheese to the top of these if you'd like!
- 12 oz. smoked sausage
- 16 oz. bacon
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Texas Style Seasoning
- About 2 Tbsp. green onion
- About 3 Tbsp. cheddar cheese
- BBQ sauce or ranch for topping or dipping
- Cut the smoked sausage into large coins, about 1-1.5 inches large.
- Wrap the sausage coins in bacon and spear with a toothpick. Make sure to line up the bottom of the coin with the bottom of the bacon leaving space at the top for stuffing.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Texas style seasoning, green onion, and cheddar cheese. Feel free to add more than what is listed above, measure with your heart!
- Once it's all combined, fill the tops of the pig shots with the cream cheese mixture.
- Broil at 385F for 10 minutes, or until the bacon is completely cooked and at your level of crispiness.
- Top with ranch or BBQ sauce and garnish with some extra green onions. Enjoy!
WATCH FULL VIDEO HERE
Looking for more recipes like this? Check out these BBQ Potato Skins or these Grilled Watermelon Steaks
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.