- 4-5 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, for sauteing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, with juices
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed.
- Toppings: cilantro, green onions, tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Set your pressure cooker to Saute mode and once it's hot, add in the olive oil.
- Brown the chicken on both sides and set aside.
- Add some of the 3 cups of chicken broth to the pot to de-glaze, scraping up all the brown bits.
- Add in the onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook for about 1 minute and then turn off Saute mode.
- Add in the rest of the chicken broth, the diced tomatoes and the browned chicken thighs.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes and do a Natural Release once the timer has elapsed.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and add in the black beans and the corn. Stir.
- Season with any additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings, such as tortilla strips, cheese, green onion, avocado, sour cream, cilantro or hot sauce! Enjoy!
WATCH FULL RECIPE
Stainless Steel 12-in-1 Pressure Cooker
Looking for more pressure cooker recipes like this? Try this Chicken and Dumplings or this Wild Rice Soup
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.