Crispy, hand cut russets topped with melty cheese curds and smothered in a homemade brown gravy. YEP, we made Air Fried Poutine this week and it is killer!
Poutine is a dish that is widely popularized around Canada. It is a common comfort dish found in most bars and pubs!
We made ours with a simple brown gravy consisting of butter, flour, beef bouillon, chicken broth and seasonings. We also topped ours with some yummy green chile pork we had leftover, but this is completely customizable with whatever you have on hand or you can omit meat all together!
- 2-3 russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp beef bouillon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cheese curds
- Green chile pork (you can substitute with any meat of your choice, or omit)
- Parsley, for garnish
- First, make your fries by cutting the russet potatoes into french fry shapes and put them into a large bowl.
- Rinse until water runs clear and soak in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Pour out water and pat dry. Very dry.
- Add the olive oil and add in your seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Add the seasoned fries into the air fryer and cook at 400F for about 20 minutes, or until the level of crispiness is achieved.
- While the fries are cooking, make the gravy. In a pan on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Then add in the flour and mix to make a roux.
- Add in the beef bouillon and garlic powder.
- Slowly whisk in the broth until smooth and cook until it is thickened. This will also thicken more while it cools.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Once the fries are finished cooking, remove the air fryer basket and add the cheese curds on top of the fries. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, until cheese is just beginning to melt.
- Remove and plate the fries and cheese curds to a plate.
- Top with the meat of your choice, we used some green chile pork.
- Pour on the hot gravy and top with some parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
WATCH THE FULL RECIPE VIDEO HERE
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.